Saturday, January 8, 2011

Home Goals For 2011

I am joining in at the Nester's Home goals for 2011! My husband Chad and I have tons of goals this year for our home, it makes me exhausted just thinking about them! Ha! Ha! Our biggest goal is to move into the home we purchased last year on April 15th. Our new/old home was built in the 1880's and considered a Queen Anne Victorian. The home needed work done to it to satisfy our living tastes prior to moving in. The previous tenant apparently didn't know how to clean or take care of a home, plus it was pretty dated inside. Some of the things it needed were, a whole new kitchen and bathroom along with a new utility room. We found mold in our bathroom and had to rip everything down to literally the dirt below! Carpets were ripped out rewired the whole house and floors still need to be sanded and varnished, fresh paint in a few more rooms o my the list could go on and on. We have done almost everything ourselves on the house, we have hired a few things to get done but not much! So here is a list of the goals we have for this year!
~ Paint kitchen, bathroom, utility room, office and bedroom
~ Lay the floor in the kitchen, bathroom, utility room
~ Put up my beautiful kitchen cabinets that have been sitting in the box for too long!
~ Pick out counters and install them once they come in
~ Sand and varnish floors
~ Put carpet in the playroom
~ MOVE INTO OUR HOUSE FINALLY
~ Finish little room off the playroom
~ Put in all new windows
~ Privacy fence then move the playhouse from our old house to our new house
~ Watch the kids in the neighborhood drool over our playhouse that Chad built for our kids
years ago
~ New garage doors on garage
~ Put in french doors to master bedroom (this is my birthday present!)
~ Plant new flowers along with transplant flowers from the old house
~ Put in island in the kitchen
~ Have Chad make a pottery barn inspired storage unit for the playroom using Ana White's pattern found here
~ Organize and maintain organization in our home
Last but not least:
Enjoy our new home and make many new memories there!
We made our 12x13 kitchen into a 12x20 kitchen by taking out those posts in the photo below!
We decided to put up galvanized barn siding as the ceiling in our kitchen!
As you can see we will be quite busy this year with our new/old home! I am becoming quite anxious about moving in and ready for everything to be done! I have to give tons of credit to Chad, my amazing husband, who has done most all the work. Also my painter, since I was pregnant last summer and couldn't paint all the other rooms that needed to be painted! I guess I really lucked out last year, not so much this year no excuses here! I can't wait to see what we get done this year! Not to mention I can't wait to show all of you what we have accomplished!!!! Blessings, Lisa

No comments :