Monday, February 20, 2012

Running!

Over the past month and half I have started running! Of course I would have never really thought of myself as a runner before. It all started on New Years day last month, I had signed up to run my very first half marathon in May. I am really excited about and find myself getting better at running (something I thought was never possible) not to mention I seem to have lots more energy! I look forward to my runs and this past Saturday morning I ran 6 miles in 57 minutes! I don't think I have ever really ran 6 miles before and if I had it was many, many years ago.

The first time I ran this year it was on the treadmill and it took me forever to go one mile, it took me 19 min to go one mile, that was about six weeks ago! Now I can run a mile in around 10 minutes at comfortable pace.

I have also decided that I really don't like the treadmill, so now I am learning to deal with the cold and running outside weather permitting. For Valentines day last week Chad bought me a pair of running pants and running shirts that are Cold Weather Compression. (Not to mention they were 40% off, I love a good deal!) Oh my, are they wonderful and actually keep me warm! I will run outside as long as the weather isn't below 35, windy out and/or snow on the ground. We have been so fortunate this winter with many days above average. Now I find myself constantly checking the weather to see when I can run next! I have to admit, I love running!!!! Blessings, Lisa

1 comment :

Sweet As Boys said...

GREAT job! I really need to get to running outside rather than on the treadmill, it's killing my legs! 6 miles is impressive! I can't wait to get to that point :)