Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Day in Indy!

Yesterday Jacob had his first check since being out of the hospital a week ago. The doctor said everything looks great and that he no longer needs to wear his splint anymore, which is good considering he used it as a weapon! He also got fitted for a pressure garment for his right hand which he will get when we go back down on July 13th. It's supposed to be really tight and push down any bumps and help minimize scaring, he will have to wear it 23hours a day for about a year. Jacob also donated a John Deere toy dump truck to the Riley Burn unit, just like the one he has here at home. I couldn't believe they didn't have anything John Deere or even a tractor in the unit, those city slickers sure don't know what their missing out on! ha!ha! Here is a picture of Jacob with a nurse that he had during his surgery I think his name was Paul, he was a very good with Jacob!
After we left the hospital we went to eat dinner at a really cute little restaurant in Zionsville and the food was delicious! It is located in a really cute housing community! We called the dinner our Fathers day/Wedding Anniversary dinner (our anniversary was June 18th)! Here is a picture of the restaurant below, sorry its not the greatest!  
Jacob has really adapted to using his left hand now, so we really need to work with him to start using his right hand again. As you can see in the photo below he is using his left hand to eat ice cream with! 
Here is one of Chad and Jacob trying not to look at the crazy lady with the camera!
After dinner we walked across the street where they had a bench and small gate to take some pictures. Chad did get some good shots of Jacob and I! I was impressed, he usually stands so far away (like 20 feet away) when he takes pictures! Love him anyway!
Here is another picture of Jacob playing with the gate, I would love to have a gate like that in my back yard, I love the detail on it! Oh so Chic!!!
(I just realized that Jacob has the same outfit on as the last post! Ha!Ha! What can I say, it's is favorite!)
I also have a really cute little knot top that I had forgotten I even made! Imagine that, too much excitement going on! I will try to get that posted sometime soon, it is very cute and I only have enough fabric to make just a few! I actually had a mom order one this morning at Lindsey's gymnastics practice! I am definitely ready to get back to sewing and finish up orders, I also got a whole bunch of new fabrics, while we where gone for a week, that I can't wait to cut into! Not sure what I will make with it yet, it's really pretty and I am always open to suggestions!!! I also want to thank everyone again for all the thoughts and prayers for Jacob, it really means a lot to us Thank You!  Lisa

2 comments :

Dakota3 said...

I am happy that Jacob is doing so well! He looks so cute in the photos. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Best wishes,
Cindy

Lisa said...

Thank you so much Cindy!!!