Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The County Fair

We had our county fair last week which kept us pretty busy all week! Kyle did his tractor driving and did very well on it, he is a pretty good driver when it comes to lawn mowers! They have to drive through an obstacle course and take a parts test and quiz over mower safety.I am surprised at the amount of tractor parts he knows too, I had no clue what half of the stuff was, what it does or where it goes on the tractor! He was so hungry by the time the event was over he almost walked off without his ribbon! It started at 1o:00am and didn't get over until 2:00pm, way past our normal lunch time!He also took corn and soybeans along with his photography poster that turned out great! He finally got the hang of taking good pictures, he would stand so far away from his subject and he would only take like one or two pictures. I had to explain to him that photographers take lots of pictures and focus on your subject by getting closer and shoot from all different angles. He was pretty quick to catch on and had some really great shots. I did let him use my camera and we just printed of the pictures on our photo printer we have here at home. Also, while we were at the fair my husband (along with one of my older brothers, my dad and my father-in-law) are in our county's antique tractor club. Wahoo! Sounds like loads of fun doesn't! Alright, I admit it was kinda fun, my husband enjoys it so I guess I have just learned to enjoy it too. 
This is my favorite of all the tractors we have, also one of our very first tractors, my husband painted it purple because well, he's just Plum Crazy!
 Chad also brought the fun barrels for the kids to ride around in while at the fair. The barrels, as seen in the photos below, were made when Kyle and Lindsey were little! During the parade at the fair, Chad and the kids made it on our local news station, so I guess you can call them home town celebrity's! (This is Chad's newest old tractor that he got this spring.)
We had lots of redneck fun, at least that's what I called it! They had a slow tractor race to see who could go the slowest! That took a while!
And a teeter totter for tractors! See told ya redneck fun! I betcha hadn't seen that before! Don't worry I hadn't either! It looks much easier that it really is, I tried it with a much smaller tractor! I had to get in on all the action!
The kids also got to make their own ropes while at the fair. So we could tie them to a tree if they were bad! No, I'm just joking!
Jacob even helped out!
My three favorite guys, who I love!
I took this picture when the boys were walking ahead of me when we got to the fair one day! I seen them walking and just had to grab my camera out of my never ending purse and snap a picture! Brotherly love!
It was a fun week, very busy but we had fun at the fair and in a way I am glad its over! One bad thing did happen last week, we had to go back to the emergency room for Lindsey, she had to get 4 staples for a cut she got! I am taking her tomorrow to get them removed, poor little girl! I also have a few things that I have been working on for my shop, and will post them soon!!! I hoped you enjoyed our redneck fun!!! Talk to ya'll later!         Lisa

No comments :