Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our New/Half Done Kitchen!

I am sooo excited to show all of you our half way done new kitchen! I am also linking up to at Loved Stitched to "Show Off My Kitchen"! (Really, what perfect timing!) Over the course of this past weekend we finally got around to putting up our cabinets at the house that we will someday move into! We had the floors done last Friday Feb. 25th and finished painting the kitchen on Saturday morning then started putting up the cabinets on Saturday evening and finished them on Sunday!!!!

Here is a before picture of what the kitchen looked like a year ago, we completely gutted it from top to bottom!
The kitchen was only 12x13 to start with and we torn down this wall and made it 12x20 so it could be a eat in kitchen.
During the demolition!
We decided to put up galvanized barn tin as the ceiling! It was free from a friend of Chad's!
We painted the walls Golden Chenille by Benjamin Moore, which looks really pretty!
The table and chairs will go over by the window in the picture below.
You can see my husband standing in the corner of the picture below admiring his handy work! I am so proud of him, he has done such an amazing job so far!
We ordered our cabinets back in July and just now got around to putting them up! I have been awaiting this day for a very very long time! We ordered the cabinets from Menard's and installed them ourselves. (or my husband and his friend did, I just sat back and supervised!) We bought the refrigerator and dishwasher and will be bringing our stove from our current home, when we move, which is white and only a few years old.

We now need to make a decision and order our counters. We also need to put up trim and replace the windows, do the plumbing, put in a sink, put on the toe kicks at the bottom of the cabinets, move in, bake some cookies, decided if we want a back splash, I'm sure there is more I am forgetting! So the room is about half done now which is a lot further than what we were this time last week! Blessings, Lisa
Be sure to check out more kitchens at Love Stitched!

4 comments :

the cape on the corner said...

i love how open you've made this! good for you. i wish a total gut job was in my future, but the boyfriend says the cabinets are staying. boo hoo. can't wait to see the rest of your progress-great job in here!

Rachel said...

It looks great! Word of advice-I'm sure you've gotten tons- we haven't had a backsplash for two years now and it's horrid. It makes cleaning a nightmare. I would seriously consider it. :)

Brittany@Love Stitched said...

It has come a LONG way! I can't wait to see it all finished!! I NEVER would have thought about the tin on the ceiling but I am really LOVING it! Thanks so much for linking up to my kitchen party! xoxo

Suzi @ chores and chandeliers said...

Do you have finished pictures?
I'd love to see how it all came together!