Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Repainting!

We love painting so much that over the past weekend we decided to repaint the two story foyer over at the other house! On Friday I went to town to our local Benjamin Moore dealer to get paint for the office while it was still on sale and on a whim, I then picked up two gallons of Monroe Bisque for the foyer!
I wasn't really sure about the color that we had painted it before with having four kids. The previous color was White Dove by Benjamin Moore and with kids and dirty fingers all up and down the wall, it didn't stay white for long!
I took some before and after pictures and now looking at them I wonder, did we make the right decision!? I liked the white, it really brightened the place up, but with the kids using the wall rather than the stair rail it was hard to keep clean.
Jacob helped us paint, I was telling him not to get paint on the switch plate and that I needed to take if off. The new color is starting to grow on me, and I guess I won't have to wash walls everyday once we move in now! Monroe Bisque is a popular Benjamin Moore color, in fact I seen it in the latest Pottery Barn Bed and Bath issue. It does look pretty in person with the wood trim and if I want to repaint it again, I can but not for a few years!!!! Blessings, Lisa

No comments :