Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tasting Something New!

Lillian got the joy of tasting cardboard flakes in a box! OK not really, it was baby oatmeal, they might as well call it cardboard flakes by the looks and smell of it! To think the little girl actually ate it, maybe not by choose! Every time I would give her a bit she would cringe to get it down. You know that feeling you get when you eat something really sour, yep that is exactly what she acted like. I also gave her a sippy cup for the first time and of course she looked at me like I was crazy to think she was going to drink out of that contraption! I put formula in it and oh my she didn't like that stuff, I can't say that I blame her, it does smell pretty yucky! She gave me some of the silliest faces while I was feeding her! My favorite being the first one!!!!
She kept looking at Lindsey for help, she was sitting in the chair beside me!
Lillian wondering what in the world that cup is for!
It wasn't all torture, Lindsey did manage to get her to smile! (Quite possibly keeping her mind off of the nasty food she was eating!)
I was hoping that by giving her some baby cereal she will start to sleep through the night! I know that was just wishful thinking because that doesn't always work on every baby and especially not her. Oh how I would love a good nights sleep, even if it was for one night! Then again she is only little for just a short time and I had better embrace every early morning feed while I still can, half awake!

I don't think Lillian really cares about eating food yet which is probably a good thing as I am beginning to think I want to do all home aid baby food with her. This will give me a little time to start researching recipes and such online before I really get her going on foods within another month or two!!!! Blessings, Lisa

No comments :