Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at our house, we even have a little dusting of snow on the ground outside! Today I am linking up over at The Inspired Room's Holiday Christmas tour, thank you so much for stopping by! This will be the first real Christmas that we will celebrate in this home since we moved in this past year in May. Last year we did own this home but we weren't moved into it yet due to all the renovation we did. Our home was built in 1886 and is considered an Queen Victorian, we have a brand new kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. We also kept the original hardwood floors which look so pretty and not to mention the kids love to slide on the wood floors with there socks on! Alright enough talking here is my home!
This is our front door, the original door that the house was built.
Our foyer
I put up some lighted garland and I love the way the stairs looks at night!
I found our rather ugly tree that we have had for years and put it up in the loft area upstairs.
This is our larger tree that we have down stairs, the kids decorated it for me, maybe not the way I wanted it but the were so proud of themselves I didn't dare fix it for my liking!
I love the old Victorian Santa's, they look so much cuter!
I also love to decorating with lanterns, you can put so much in them!
I put this lantern on top of our refrigerator in the kitchen, along with the stars
On my kitchen counter I used some Christmas ornaments to decorate with.
Lillian insisted on helping with the ribbon, she is such a big helper!
Some people may have a fancy nativity set that nobody can touch or maybe even breath on, we have one that we can play with!
I bought this wreath last year after Christmas and I love how simple it is, and the fact that i probably only paid a few dollars for it!
I love little trees isn't this one cute!
Help yourself to some homemade chocolate banana bread!
I hope you enjoyed my home tour! With as busy as we have been this past month I am surprised at what Christmas I have had time to put up! I do have huge plans to hit the stores once they mark all their Christmas stuff down, I made a rather lengthy list of things I am on the hunt for! (More little trees is on that list too!) Thank you so much for stopping by! From my house to yours, we wish you a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!!!! Blessings, Lisa

5 comments :

Shan said...

I think I'm going to have to break down and buy the Little People Nativity set. My youngest is 8, but I have always wanted to have that set for my kids. I love the photo of your little one wrapped in ribbon! It's definitely looking like Christmas! Have a very happy Christmas!

michelle starling said...

I love old houses and yours is beautiful. Your children did a great job with the tree. I've never had a little people nativity with my 4 kids but my boys still played with the one we have. Ours is about 17 years old and I still love it. Thanks for sharing your home.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

What a gorgeous old home, I love how cozy it feels with the woodwork! Lovely, festive tour, thank you for having us over!!

Gina said...

Your home is so warm and welcoming. Love the front door and stairs. Loved your lanterns...it made me start looking at the couple I have and thinking what I could add to them. ;)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful home, so beautifully decorated! and sweet sweet baby!